Sunday, December 12, 2010

Character Reference


When you apply for a job, you are required to submit your resume. In your resume, you are required to put a list of people for your Character Reference. And normally, you put people there that you have worked with recently like your former boss, former supervisor, former manager. People that have known you, your work ethics, etc. Companies uses that for background check.

When I am listed by someone as one of their Character Reference, I honestly tell the truth. I don't make up stories and I don't tell lies. If someone was really a good employee during his/her stay under my leadership, I will really build that person up. I won't hinder someone else's plan to work on another company, if it's for their good. I'm a very detailed person. I will really take time to share and explain how that person have worked during my supervision.

For me, that's the help that I can continue to give to someone who has been good during his stay with me. Returning the favor lang ba.

Now this is the bad side of me.

Pag may nagsinungaling sa akin about his/her resignation, made up stories, or thrown trash excuses in my face, naku, wag na wag akong gagawing Character Reference, kasi ibabalik ko lang ang ginawa mo sa akin. Ang bilis ko pa naman maka-sense nang taong nagsisinungaling. Talent ko yan. So if you give me lies, I will return the same. I honor a person who will honestly tell me his/her plan of resignation and actually help pa when used as Character Reference.

I remember one person who did that to me in the past, ewan ko ba at ginamit pa akong Character Reference niya, nung tinawagan ako nang HR nang company na pinag-applyan niya, eh di sinabi ko ang totoo. Ayun, hindi siya nakuha. Sorry na lang.

Meron pang isa, nalaman kong andaming sinabing bad about me behind my back by this one person, it happened sometime in the past. When I found out about that, hindi ako gumanti. Hindi ko sinugod yung tao for confrontation. Hinayaan ko na lang. I'm a believer of Karma kasi. Pag alam kong wala akong ginawang masama sa tao, at ginawan ako nang masama, hinahayaan ko lang. Kasi naging saksi ako sa karma sa buhay ko at kung paano niya ako iginaganti palagi.

Kaso, etong taong ito, ginamit akong Character Reference niya sa plano niyang pag-apply sa ibang company. Pagkatawag sa akin, I was so tempted to answer and just tell the truth. Kaso naawa ako sa tao, ang ginawa ko, hindi ko na lang sinagot. Kahit ganun ang ginawa niya sa akin, hinayaan ko na lang. Naawa ako, alam ko kasing kailangan din niya nang magandang trabaho.

I hope people will learn, that if you do bad things with someone, babalik at babalik yan sa sa'yo. Bilog lang ang mundo. At ang pinaka-hate ako about this matter, is when you are not informed. Sana, when there's a plan to use someone as Character Reference, have the decency to just simply inform the person. Ano ba naman yung isang text o tawag man lang. Di ba!

Kaya for the people that have worked with me, if you have plans to use me as your Character Reference, always remember, I will just return the favor. Kung anong ginawa niyo sa akin, yun din ang gagawin ko sa inyo. Sabi ko nga, if people are unfair to you, make it fair for them. Hehe. Or else, just don't use me. Safe ka pa. Haha!

No comments: